Mikki

@mikki_

Trying to find my way in the world



13
posts
13
works
8
following
15
followers
12.6k
words read
mikki_
mikki_
Fighting my reflection . 6 months ago
Womanhood
Womanhood is similar to my poem "Be Perfect" but from 3 year different perspective. Whilst in recovery from my eating disorder, I often feel this pressure to be this perfect woman. To have everything ...
1
0
0
mikki_
mikki_
Fighting my reflection . 6 months ago
Mind Prison
This piece is about what it's like to have PTSD living in a MDS (modern-day slavery) situation and wishing the nightmares were the worst part about it. I was never physically abused, but emotionally, ...
0
0
mikki_
mikki_
Fighting my reflection . 6 months ago
Dear Allah
A letter in poetry form to Allah SWT when I was in the thick of my MDS journey, sharing some feelings like Allah forgetting about me, me forgetting about Allah, feeling unsure, and wanting Allah in my...
12
0
0
mikki_
mikki_
Fighting my reflection . 6 months ago
The Wave
TRIGGER WARNING: Dear reader, This is my first poem sharing my feelings on what it feels like on the other side of surviving domestic servitude, a form of modern-day slavery. I am now out of my situ...
0
0
mikki_
mikki_
Fighting my reflection . 6 months ago
To My Anxeity:
A letter to my anxiety, what I wish I could tell people about my anxiety and get them to understand. A letter about surviving each day with anxiety, and the fear of it leaving me with nothing too. We...
2
0
0
mikki_
mikki_
Mikki . 4 years ago
Love Is All That's Left
While "Dreadful" is typically filled with a darker side of emotions from depression, Love Is All That's Left is a piece that comes from missing someone close to me and knowing what love is for a perso...
13
0
0
mikki_
mikki_
Mikki . 4 years ago
The Voice in the Pandemic
The collection "Dreadful" has many aspects to it including the Coronavirus-19 world health pandemic. "Voice in the Pandemic" is one poem about the emotions of seeing the world as you once saw it, cha...
24
0
0
mikki_
mikki_
Mikki . 4 years ago
Sinful
To fully introduce my new collection "Dreadful," I give you 'Sinful." Sinful is a story of a conversation I have with myself on a regular basis in my fight with bipolar. On my up days I fly high, but...
9
0
1
mikki_
mikki_
Mikki . 4 years ago
For you, Jasper
"For You, Jasper" has a Trigger Warning for sexual assault, violence, and miscarriage. This one of the first pieces in the collection to write about my story with coping with the aftermath of a sexua...
11
0
0
mikki_
mikki_
Mikki . 4 years ago
Who am I?
While a poem, this is also my introduction of myself to all of you. Who I am and my deepest thanks for joining me through my next collection of poems (and as I navigate a new website)
38
0
1
mikki_
mikki_
Mikki . 4 years ago
'Mia come back
I have dealt with an Eating Disorder since 2013. It started off as I wanted to lose weight, and then about two years later something very traumatic happened and my eating disorder became my crutch in ...
25
0
3
mikki_
mikki_
Mikki . 4 years ago
I remember you
April 2017 my friend Sarah took her own life. I have lost people in my life before, but nothing as bad as when Sarah died. The grief that took me overwhelmed my existence for the first year, the secon...
33
0
3
mikki_
mikki_
Mikki . 4 years ago
Be Perfect
"Be Perfect" written in April 2020 when I started to lose myself again when I went into a depressive episode. Being in a recovery from an Eating Disorder for nearly two years, I wrote this in the midd...
137
1
14