Marty

@martykate

mad writer--horror fan fiction romance



12
posts
12
works
0
following
3
followers
24.2k
words read
martykate
martykate
Marty . 4 years ago
I would appreciate your help (or your suggestions) I appreciate your reads but could you let me know what you think? Or, better still, have a suggestion for a title? BTW, did you like the story? I really need a good title for this story!!!!
I wrote a story but the name is just not fitting. I originally called it "Long Black Veil" and had a picture that went with it, but I'm realizing now it doesn't work. It's about a young woman in her e...
0
0
martykate
martykate
Marty . 4 years ago
The Mummy--Chapter Two: Ardeth Bey (formerly The Concession)
She was surprised to find Ardeth-Bey drinking tea with her father on the patio. He had removed his turban, letting the evening breeze blow through his black curls. He saw her and smiled, "Salaam Ala...
1
0
0
martykate
martykate
Marty . 4 years ago
The Mummy: The Tomb Robbers Secret
Tomb robbing has been a tradition in Egypt since time immemorial. Not just the tombs in the Valley of the Kings or the Pyramids, even the tombs of the pre-dynastic rulers fell victim, much to the dism...
5
1
8
martykate
martykate
Marty . 4 years ago
To Love a Borgia: A Borgia Wedding, Part 2
Constanzia stood in front of Vanozza's mirror, staring at the stranger in the reflection. "You look lovely," Vanozza told her, "Go now and let people see just how lovely you are. Don't worry about me,...
3
0
0
martykate
martykate
Marty . 4 years ago
To Love a Borgia: A Borgia Wedding, Part One
It's Lucrezia's wedding day and Constanzia finds herself put on display as the ladies of the court accompany Lucrezia down the aisle. But the face of a handsome stranger, the one she saw the day befor...
3
0
0
martykate
martykate
Marty . 4 years ago
To Love a Borgia, Chapter 8: Of Books and Lovers
Cesare and Micheletto rode as fast as they could back to Rome. When they arrived, Cesare threw his reins to Micheletto, and ran into the Vatican, and requested a meeting with the Holy Father, immed...
1
0
0
martykate
martykate
Marty . 4 years ago
To Love a Borgia, Chapter Seven: Savonarola
Cesare stood on the balcony of Machiavelli's house, drinking a glass of his host's excellent wine, his faithful Micheletto hovering in the background. He'd discarded his cardinal robes for his everyda...
3
0
0
martykate
martykate
Marty . 4 years ago
To Love a Borgia, Chapter Six: Fabio
Cesare was especially tender and passionate that night--it was going to be their first separation since her coming to Rome. The Pope was sending him to Florence to meet with Niccolo Machiavelli to fin...
3
0
0
martykate
martykate
Marty . 4 years ago
To Love a Borgia Chapter Five: To Marry the Pope's Daughter
She woke while it was still dark to find Cesare lying next to her. She traced the lines of his face, noticing that it did not wear the contented expression it usually had when he slept in her bed.
3
0
0
martykate
martykate
Marty . 4 years ago
To Love a Borgia: Chapter Four, An Unholy Trinity
When she woke, she reached for him, but found his side of the bed empty. Her eyes, used to the darkness, looked around the room and watched him as he finished dressing. "Cesare?" she asked softly, and...
3
0
0
martykate
martykate
Marty . 4 years ago
To Love a Borgia, Chapter Three: The Cardinal and the Lady
Trapped, thought Consuelo, but I won't be alone with him, at least. Are you up to something, Cesare? "Good," he stood up, "Girls, go put on your riding habits and I will have the horses saddled.
2
0
0
martykate
martykate
Marty . 4 years ago
To Love a Borgia, Chapter Two, Return to Rome
Constanzia's return to Rome holds many surprises, yet some things are familiar. Juan is as obnoxious as he used to be, Lucrezia has grown into a beauty, and Cesare is as handsome as he always was and...
0
0